Monday, October 17, 2005

another mean pedestrian

AHHHH!!!

So the other night - Friday night, I think - my boyfriend and I went to the video store to rent a movie. We were going to watch the movie at my house which meant we had to get something on VHS since the only DVD player is in my little laptop and the sound isn't very good.

We go to the video store and we can't find anything. So we ask about the Hitchhiker's guide movie - they don't have it AT ALL in VHS!! Then i remember a great old Doris Day movie, we look up the title in that big reference book they have and I ask about that - THEY DON'T HAVE IT! We finally settle on North by Northwest and get out of there.

We're walking up the avenue to my apt. and I'm telling my boyfriend how unimpressed I was with the video store lady. I'd never seen her before and the reguar lady is MUCH more helpful. He is completely agreeing.

Then, out of nowhere, this older guy pedestrian - like late 50's early 60's, vaguely ratty looking, beard, grey hair - walks past us in the other direction and he's saying "Whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine . . ."

I turned around, stopped in my tracks, and was literally mouth-open agog at this man's rudeness. First, I wasn't whining. Second, you don't just DO that! that's SO RUDE!!

I'm still annoyed that my ninja reflexes didn't allow me to swivel and give him a sharp kick in the arse. Gah! Ninja reflexes why do you fail me?!?!?

1 Comments:

Blogger Vladimir Twist said...

Are you sure he wasn't a bum saying "wine, wine, wine"? hehehe Could be he's new in from N'Orleans and is homeless....doubtful, but possible. Do you know, I absolutely love Stephen Fry, he is as funny as hell and yet I have never read anything by him, but when I have finished reading the Lord of the Rings (for the 20th time) I should hunt some of his stuff down. Sounds like I have a bigger VHS collection than your videostore though I don't have any Doris Day either....I have 4 or 5 Audrey Hepburn films though. I am not looking forward to converting my video's to dvd as it's gonna cost me a fortune :-(

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home