Thursday, September 15, 2005

Creeeeepy

The bathroom on our floor at the office is single-serving - only one person can use it at the time. So the main door gets locked and then you're in there by yourself.

The HR lady here will come and try the door
CLANK
and she can't get in because it's locked
because someone (like me) is in there.
then, whoever it is (me, say) comes out a minute or two later and the HR lady pops out from behind the office partition wall that creates the little kitchen area. She just sort of hovers there - hiding by the refrigerator and coffee maker until the door opens - and then pops out.

And I think that's really creepy.

When I try the bathroom door (which i do VERY gently so as not to freak the bathroom user out, if there is one) and it's locked, I go back to my desk and wait. The office is small enough that you can hear when someone opens and closes that door, even if you can't see.

but she insists on bathroom surveillance.

I hate it.

1 Comments:

Blogger me, myself and I said...

The thing I really hate is a line of cubicles next to each other with open tops and bottoms. Everyone sits there trying desperately not to make a sound. I'd rather be shut in any day, but it is freaky when someone tries the door, even when you know it's locked you still get that momentary panic.

By the way - hello, found your blog via Vladimir. Don't you just love the way that blogs spread.

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home