Sunday, March 27, 2005

He is risen

Happy Easter.

I ate not one but two(!) hot-cross-buns for breakfast, but that's the beginning and end of my Easter celebration.

This is a year during which I have become increasingly irritated with, even angered by, Christanity.

I was raised in the Presbyterian church, was confirmed, I even taught Sunday school . . .

But the Church, as far as I know it, is a huge let down. It wants money. It wants to make rules that are more about excluding people than about loving one another. It wants to be right all the time.

So this year, I'm trying to think of Jesus as just a really great guy - like Martin Luther King, Jr. - who did a lot of great stuff and had an incredible capacity to love his fellow humans and made a huge impact on our world . . . because it isn't his fault what the Church has become.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home