Saturday, March 19, 2005

the song i'm listening to over and over and over . . .

I hope that our few remaining friends give up on trying to save us
I hope we come out with a fail-safe plot to piss off the dumb few that forgave us
I hope the fences we mended fall down beneath their own weight
and I hope we hang on past the last exit
I hope it's already too late
and I hope the junkyard a few blocks from here someday burns down
and I hope the rising black smoke carries me far away
and I never come back to this town again
In my life I hope I lie and tell everyone you were a good wife
and I hope you die
I hope we both die

I hope I cut myself shaving tomorrow
I hope it bleeds all day long
Our friends say it's darkest before the sun rises
We're pretty sure they're all wrong
I hope it stays dark forever
I hope the worst isn't over
and I hope you blink before I do
and I hope I never get sober
and I hope when you think of me years down the line you can't find one good thing to say
and I'd hope that if I found the strength to walk out, you'd stay the hell out of my way
I am drowing
there is no sign of land
you are coming down with me - hand in unlovable hand
and I hope you die
I hope we both die

THE MOUNTAIN GOATS

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home