Thursday, April 28, 2005

hic

last night, walking home after dinner with friends, i was chatting with another friend on the phone and i developed a mean case of the hiccups. the phone friend - who was remarkably tollerant of my spazims - described these hiccups as "deep" and "resonant." they were, in fact, killer hiccups.

by the time i was close to home, the hiccups had nearly driven me up a wall, so i veered into my corner deli to see if there wasn't some cookie or milk beverage or something that i thought would quell them. so i walk into the deli and my deli guy asks how i'm doing. "I've got hiccups!!!" I tell him. i look away for a moment, casting about for some inspiring foodstuff and the next thing i know he's giving me a plastic spoon of sugar to swallow. so i swallow it. INSTANTLY the hiccups are gone.

deli guy saved my life. didn't even charge me. love that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home